If you are like me, I can get a little antsy in my prayer life. I pray and expect immediate results and if they don’t come the way I think they should... I start to fret and worry.
I can only imagine being a Jew is the Persian Empire during the time of Esther... the looming decree of death is soon approaching and it appears God is doing nothing. The enemies of God’s people are anxiously awaiting the day when they can execute genocide. You and your family pray and pray, but it seems nothing is happening!
All the while God has been working through a young woman named Esther and an old man named Mordechai. In God perfect timing His plan is revealed: not only will they not be helplessly slaughtered; God has worked it out where they can defend and kill their would be attackers! Thousands of enemies are killed instead of Jews... God’s plan was better!
You might not fully understand it, but just keep praying, God has a better plan and a greater yes for you. Our plans are never as good as His, so just trust and obey.
Daily Scripture Reading
Esther 6 - 10
The Jews gathered themselves together in their cities throughout all the provinces of the king Ahasuerus, to lay hand on such as sought their hurt: and no man could withstand them; for the fear of them fell upon all people.
• Why did the king not honor Mordecai earlier?
• How did Esther reveal Haman’s plot? What do you think Haman was feeling at that moment?
• Why was Haman hanged on the gallows prepared for Mordecai?
• Why couldn’t Ahasuerus just resend the order to kill the Jews?
• Why did he give the new order?
• How did the Jews destroy their enemies?
• What is the feast of Purim?
• How high did Mordecai get promoted?